Arrowsmith are specialists in development works for major world aerospace companies. For the past 50 years Arrowsmith engineers have helped develop parts for the most advanced aerospace engines in the world. The manufacturing process is perfected on the parts at the development stage and prepared for the main Production manufacture.
To ensure Arrowsmith stay at the forefront of machining technology and techniques we work regularly with the following institutions:
- Manufacturing Technology Centre
- Coventry University
- Midlands Aerospace Alliance
- West Midlands Manufacturing Metrology Centre
In 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Arrowsmith have linked with Coventry University and we have taken on 3 graduates for 12 month internships and a further 3 graduates on 3 month placements.
Our Graduates are working on various projects including two NATEP and a Queens Award submission.
Arrowsmith are also working with the MTC (Catapult Centre) in Coventry on a further two research projects.
In the last three years 4 graduate placements from Coventry University have resulted in full time employment.
Arrowsmith are presently involved in some major National Aerospace Technology projects including:
- Acclaimed NATEP project investigating advanced thread rolling techniques in the Aerospace industry. Working closely with the Manufacturing Technology Centre and Fette, Arrowsmith are becoming a centre of excellence for Thread rolling after this six figure Research programme.
Click here to see Aerospace Manufacturer and The MAA magazine write up on the project.
- Arrowsmith are the end user in a proposed new NATEP project awaiting confirmation to commence.